Teach Basic Computer Skills
Through this project, you'll prepare and lead classes to teach basic computer skills to youth at risk. You may also participate in helping with a local sports league or run tutoring programs.
You'll volunteer with Alcance Positivo, a USAID partner organization that provides educational services and resources to urban and peri-urban, developing communities in Panama.
The communities for this project are in urban and peri-urban, vulnerable areas and thus require volunteers with decent Spanish-speaking ability and a sufficient comfort level with living in poor communities.
Flexible! Volunteers may choose their own dates. You'll volunteer five hours per day for five days a week. Sunday and one other day a week will be free for extra activities outside of work.
You will be placed with a host family with connections to your community's outreach center, selected by the NGO in charge. Volunteers usually have a private room, but this may be subject to availability and by location. You will also have access to:
- Clean, potable water source
- Bathroom with running water
- Options for either hand washing or laundry, or many families offer laundry service for a fee
- Internet is available and free at the centers.
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost. Your Reservation Fee is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|1 month: $838||Longer: +$167 per week|
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with Fundacion Ayudando a Vivir for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!