Museum Of Contemporary Art And Design
Through this project, you’ll help a museum of contemporary art and design with their focus on education, exhibition, and preservation of the cultural and national heritage of Costa Rica.
Daily tasks include:
- Collaborating with the education department
- Managing databases and organizing materials
- Assisting with translations and video editing
- Helping staff prepare exhibitions and with showroom supervision
You'll volunteer with Volunteering Design, a local organization working on community-based projects in Costa Rica.
This project is located in San José downtown, about a 20-minute bus ride or 10-minute taxi ride from your host family’s residence.
Flexible! You will sit down and establish your individual schedule when you arrive and meet the director. Typically, volunteers work five to seven hours a day, four or five days a week.
All volunteers will be housed with a host family throughout their stay. Host families are vetted by Volunteering Design, with all houses including:
- Hot, running water
- Washer for laundry
- Nearby internet cafe (if WiFi is not available in the house)
Private rooms are available upon request at no extra charge.
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost. Your Reservation Fee is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|2 weeks: $604|
|3 weeks: $850|
|1 month: $936||Longer: +$142 per week|
|6 months: $3,298||Longer: +$505 per month|
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with Volunteering Design for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!