Available throughout the year, anyone from across the globe is welcome - online and onsite positions.
- Lobby for funding for the various projects
-Promote PCE Foundation social media, the press, conefernces and word of mouth
-Lobby for equipment and material donationthat could benefit the ruralpopulation (from cloths to computers, solar, building equipment)
-Become our point of contact from the different countries across the globe.
The project implementation is primarily online. On site the Fundraising Manager will live in the capital Kampala and also in the coordination center in Amor village, Kisoko subcounty, Tororo District, 700mitres, West of Kisoko High School, Nagongera Road. 6km away from Tororo town. Eastern Uganda, Kenyan Boarder, with a chance of visiting with the various projects and the local team.
This project is flexible! You can choose your start and end dates based on availability throughout the year, we appreciate 6month and above as the service period. You'll work between three to six hours per day, with an optional number of days per week depending on the activities the volunteer chooses to participate in. Once a volunteer has registered, they will work out a schedule with one of our program coordinators that meets both the volunteer's and project's needs.
All of our accommodations are within a short walking distance. Volunteers have the option to stay within the community - Pecho guest house (with flashing toilets and solar panelsl) or at a hotel in Tororo town. Housing will be arranged on a case by case basis to ensure the comfort of each volunteer. Private rooms are available upon request. We can also recommend nearby hostels for volunteers who choose to find their own housing. If volunteers choose to arrange their own housing in one of the nearby communities they will be responsible for their own transportation. Amenities include:
- Access to clean, potable water at accommodations and the project site.
- Hot, running water is available at accommodations, and there are several options in town for volunteers to do their laundry.
- Internet is available and free at the project site; however, Internet service in Uganda can be unreliable. There are several Internet cafes in town with good rates and we can assist you with recommendations.
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost and is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|6 months: $4,448||Longer: +$185 per week|
Volunteers choosing to stay at the community guest house (Pecho guest House) will pay $202 per week + $202 per additional week. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with Pearl Community Empowerment Foundation for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!