Construction And Gardening
Volunteer for construction and gardening projects in Caye Caulker, Belize!
There are five catteries at P.A.W., one of which is in great need of repairs. The structure is rusted and rotting after many of Belize's rainy seasons, and must be regularly repaired and maintained to ensure the health and safety of the cats living inside.
Volunteers also are needed to build a new cattery to replace the older one attached to the main building. Donations of tools and building supplies are welcome!
Through this project, you'll assist with daily maintenance of the grounds, including:
- Raking leaves
- Cleaning the beachfront property
- Pruning trees
- Pulling weeds
Your help also is needed with landscaping and planning for new garden areas, which will help improve the overall atmosphere of the sanctuary for its volunteers and its visitors.
You will be asked to assess the gardening and/or construction needs at the sanctuary, and then provide assistance in areas where you think it's needed the most. Volunteers experienced with gardening and/or construction are needed to help with this project.
You'll volunteer with P.A.W. Cat Sanctuary and Humane Society, a local group that provides spaying and neutering services and promotes humane education in Belize.
This program is located in Caye Caulker, Belize, a beautiful island just off the mainland. At six miles long by two miles wide, Cay Caulker’s community is tight-knit, yet welcoming of tourists and travelers.
Flexible! You'll volunteer at least four hours per day with one free day each week.
You'll stay in the Volunteer Cabana, which sleeps three people at a time and is located just at the shoreline on the beach. This includes:
- One single bed and a bunk bed set
- Coffee machine and microwave
- Bathroom with running (not heated) water attached to the outside of the building
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost and is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|1 week: $247||Longer: +$123 per week|
Volunteers may choose to stay in one of the available suites for an additional $36 per night.
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with P.A.W. Animal Sanctuary for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!