Cat Sanctuary Director (Interim)
Volunteer as an interim cat sanctuary director in Belize!
Through this program, you’ll act as the substitute director for the P.A.W. Cat Sanctuary while the current director is on leave.
This program lasts at least one month and includes:
- Caring for the sanctuary’s cats and each of the catteries (click here to read more about the Cat Care program)
- Volunteer support and guidance
- Guest house booking
- Landscaping and yard clean-up
- Taking animals to the veterinarian if they become sick
- Keeping track of litter and food; managing the order of new supplies
- Cleaning and refilling cat food and water bowls at each feeding time
- Cleaning and refilling the cat litter boxes twice per day
The Volunteer Interim Cat Sanctuary Director must:
- Have at least three years’ experience as a director or administrator of a cat sanctuary or related program
- Have experience working directly with cats
- Have knowledge of common cat illnesses, and how to detect them if an animal becomes ill
- Be organized, detail oriented, able to keep the catteries and sanctuary grounds tidy and sanitary
P.A.W. is a local organization that provides spaying and neutering services and promotes humane education in Belize.
This program is located in Caye Caulker, Belize, a beautiful island just off the mainland. At six miles long by two miles wide, Cay Caulker’s community is tight-knit, yet welcoming of tourists and travelers.
This is a full-time position, and lasts at least one month. Please allow at least six months between inquiry and your prospective arrival date to approve your application and arrange your schedule and responsibilities.
You'll stay in the Volunteer Cabana, which sleeps three people at a time and is located just at the shoreline on the beach. This includes:
- One single bed and a bunk bed set
- Coffee machine and microwave
- Bathroom with running (not heated) water attached to the outside of the building
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost and is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|4 weeks: $616||Longer: +$123 per week|
Volunteers may choose to stay in one of the available suites for an additional $36 per night.
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with P.A.W. Animal Sanctuary for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!