Association For Human Rights
Through this project you’ll volunteer with an association for human rights, which advocates and educates on behalf of Costa Rican children and youth. The mission of this organization is to protect rights for all people, especially children and adolescents, who have been victims of violation of their fundamental rights. Staff also provide psychological support to victims to help them with development.
Your project will focus on office assistance for in-country staff. Projects include:
- Writing reports
- Researching human rights information
- Performing outreach
- Assisting with general office tasks
- Organizing events within the community
You'll volunteer with Volunteering Design, a local organization working on community-based projects in Costa Rica.
This project is located in Montes de Oca, about 20 minutes from the San José downtown area. Your program will be located at a five-minute walk from your host family. This area is primarily residential and industrial.
Flexible! You will sit down and establish your individual schedule when you arrive and meet the director. Typically, volunteers work five to seven hours a day, four or five days a week.
All volunteers will be housed with a host family throughout their stay. Host families are vetted by Volunteering Design, with all houses including:
- Hot, running water
- Washer for laundry
- Nearby internet cafe (if WiFi is not available in the house)
Private rooms are available upon request at no extra charge.
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost. Your Reservation Fee is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|3 months: $2,148||Longer: +$142 per week|
|6 months: $3,298||Longer: +$505 per month|
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with Volunteering Design for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!