Animal Sanctuary Rainforest Ecuador
You want to take part of our special Animal Rescue project in the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest ? The Zanja Arajuno Center will receive you in their center and you will help them in their projects and will also work with the local communities. Volunteer Work Ecuador Animal Rescue Center.
You will help the Center to take care, to feed and rehabilite captivated animal (from Black Market) to the Wild Life. The money you’ll pay to volunteer with the Center is for the lodging, for community projects and for maintenance of the facilities. Thanks to you, they could increase their possibilities to save more animals and sensitize the Children to care about the Nature.
Activities in the Sanctuary :
- Take Care of the Rescued Animals
- Sensitize the Children of the Community to Ecology
- Construction Projects
- Agriculture Projects
Puyo is situated at the entrance of the Ecuadorian Rainforest, the Animal Rescue Center is situated only 40 minutes from Puyo in the primary forest near a nice river where you could
Flexible! You can choose your start and end dates based on availability. You'll work between five to eight hours per day, with an optional number of days per week depending on the activities the volunteer chooses to participate in. You can work only with animals and also help on education projects with the community.
The working hours vary but your day may start as early as 8:00-9:00 and finish at 15:00-17:00. You will work 5 days a week, leaving you two free days to explore the area and get to Puyo, Tena or Misahualli.
The Accommodation is a Lodge with several rooms for the Volunteers. You will share a room with 1 or 2 people. We provide sheets and mosquito nets. Please take your own soap and toilet paper.
You have a Kitchen to prepare your meals and a Fridge.
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost and is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|1 week: $204||Longer: +$93 per week|
The price Includes :
– Meeting in Puyo (bus terminal)
– Lodging in the volunteer cabin (with mosquito nets)
– Kitchen with Gas and Fridge
– Activities and experiences in the center and with the community
Not Included :
– Pick up to the Community (15$)
– The meals (you need to take your own food to cook in the kitchen)
– Lodging during the weekends (15$/night)
– Transports from the Center to Puyo (if you want to get out during the weekends)
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with EcuaSwiss Foundation for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!